The alleged leader of the cult, Paul Mackenzie, was arrested following a tip-off that also suggested the existence of shallow graves belonging to his followers.
More than 20 bodies have been exhumed as part of an investigation into a starvation cult in Kenya, according to reports.
Police began exhuming remains on Friday from more than a dozen suspected graves in the east of the country.
They are thought to contain the remains of followers of a fringe Christian sect who believed they would go to heaven if they starved themselves to death.
On Thursday, detectives marked out patches of earth with sticks and yellow tape in Shakahola forest in Kilifi county, according to footage broadcast by Citizen TV.
It’s near the location where police rescued 15 members of the Good News International Church last week.
The alleged leader of the church, Paul Mackenzie, was arrested following a tip-off that also suggested the existence of shallow graves belonging to at least 31 of his followers.
Mackenzie has denied any wrongdoing.
Police said the 15 rescued worshippers had been told to starve themselves to death, so they could meet their creator.
Four of them died before they reached hospital.
Titus Katana, a former member of the church, helped police identify the graves.
“We have shown the graves to the police, and in addition, we have saved the life of a woman who only had a few hours left, otherwise she’d also be dead,” Mr Katana told Citizen TV.
Matthew Shipeta from Haki Africa, a human rights group, said he had seen at least 15 shallow graves in the forest.
Helen Mikali, the manager of a children’s home who was also helping investigators, said she had visited several nearby villages where parents and children had disappeared.
“Personally, I have visited about 18 children’s graves,” Ms Mikali told Citizen TV. She did not say how she knew the graves contained the remains of children.