Williams has announced Nicholas Latifi will leave the Formula 1 team at the end of the 2022 season.
The Canadian’s departure has been widely expected for a number of months, but Williams confirmed the news on Friday, revealing his contract will not be extended.
Williams said it will announce Latifi’s replacement as Albon’s teammate “in due course.”
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Williams Racing – all the people back at the factory and those I work with trackside – for the last three years,” said Latifi in a statement.
“My initial F1 debut was postponed due to the pandemic but we eventually got going in Austria and, although we have not achieved the results together we hoped we would, it’s still been a fantastic journey.
“Getting those first points in Hungary last year was a moment I’ll never forget, and I will move onto the next chapter of my career with special memories of my time with this dedicated team. I know none of us will stop putting in every effort until the end of the season.”
Latifi failed to score any points through his first full season at Williams as the team struggled at the back of the grid. His first F1 score arrived in Hungary last year when he finished seventh, helping Williams score its first points for over two years.
But following his crash in last year’s Abu Dhabi season finale and the impact of the subsequent safety car on the championship, Latifi was subject to death threats and significant abuse online, impacting him mentally.